Monday, February 25, 2008

Anger

I wish I had such exciting lives as you all seem to have. Don't get me wrong -- I'm not unhappy, (In fact I'm pretty content), I just realize when it comes to blogging that I don't have too much to say.

But, here is a quote I came across yesterday that I thought was sweet. I think most of you have heard it before, but it deserves repeating:

"The story is told that reporters were interviewing a man on his birthday. He had reached an advanced age. They asked him how he had done it.

He replied,'When my wife and I were married we determined that if we ever got in a quarrel one of us would leave the house. I attribute my longevity to the fact that I have breathed good fresh air throughout my married life.'"

Just wondering how much healthier and skinnier I would be today if I had done that anytime I was angry instead of slamming cupboard doors!
Hopefully, I will have something fun to post next time!

6 comments:

The J's said...

That's a good idea... I will try that next time! Thanks! Jenn

Our Beautiful Life said...

But slamming the cupboard doors is so therapeutic! ;-)

The Dillon 6 said...

what a great quote!!! There could be days, though, that I'd probably have to set up a tent in the backyard...

The Mendenhall's said...

Great quote. Lukily Eric and I rarely good mad at eachother, that must me I will live longer than Grandma Stringham. Yikes. I better start yelling.

Jaime said...

That is a fantastic quote. I love it! We are fortunate to not argue hardly ever, but I have been known to slam a door in two. :) Thanks Jenny!

Rebecca said...

so that's where i get the slamming of the cupboard doors from... ha, ha! although, i'm proud to say it's been a long, long time. uh-oh... now that i've said that i've jinxed myself! ;)