Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter Highlights


Thanks to Mary for this picture! I was so busy that Saturday, that I only got a couple of pictures and sadly, mostly of our yard and weeds.
Here are some of our highlights:
1. A fun Easter Egg Hunt at our house, even with the cold and wind.
2. A treasure hunt. Mostly for the older children. However, they had discovered the treasure before I got it hidden. But, I hid it anyway and they had to find it before they could play with it. The hunt itself was the most exciting for the older children and the Elefun was the most exciting for the younger ones.
3. Keeping tabs on David, who at one point was locked in our coat closet and was yelling "Gamma" before we had missed him.
4. Playing "forward rolls" on mat with David, Catie, and Jenna.
5. Trying to beat Blake to the ball before he kicked it away. Man, that kid is fast and determined.
6. Playing Score Four and Hungry, Hungry Hippos with Ethan and Tommy. I never won one game of the Hippos.
7. Watching Jenna try to get the butterflies first in the Elefun game. She's competitive and a little impatient.
8. Seeing Ryan knock the big exercise ball away from Ethan and Tommy. He's getting more competitive all the time.
9. Watching Emily seeing the Easter Eggs across the lawn while missing the ones right under her nose.
10. Catie refusing to go inside to warm up because she loves the outdoors.
11. Sitting in church next to Brian, Mary, Jenna and Catie. Smiling at Jenna when she cried because she wanted, but wasn't invited, to sing a special music number with the other children (who were the older ones).
12. Being embarrassed that our cell phone rang during the Sacrament Meeting.
13. Jenna telling everybody that she got Easter Candy, colored a Jesus picture and went potty as her highlights of her primary class.
14. Audrey being sweet and wanting me to play with her and then being patient when I got interrupted by littles ones needing me elsewhere.
15. The beautiful talks at church.
16. Singing with the choir, "Because He Lives". Two phrases that mean a lot to me from this song are, "My heart is filled with peace amid a world of fear", and "Because He lives I can bear whatever burden may be mine."
17. When around my grandchildren I feel the Spirit so strongly.

7 comments:

The Mendenhall's said...

Easter was a lot of fun. Thanks for having it at your house. I know it can be a lot of work, but I know these memories will last forever for our children.

Rebecca said...

great recap! i almost feel like i was there. sad we missed it. the kids said they had a lot of fun! and i agree with maria, these are memories they will have forever!

The Dillon 6 said...

will you adopt our kids as your wanna-be grandchildren?!

Jaime said...

What a great weekend. Family times are just the best, so many memories are made. These grandkids have terrific grandparents.

kelly said...

i love jenna's highlights of her primary class!
too cute...

The Dillon 6 said...

I have a gift for you, Grandma Stringham...it's with Becca. :)

Unknown said...

sounds like you had a very entertaining Easter! You have beautiful grandkids too.