Monday, March 10, 2008

"Happy Birthday" Dear Grandpa!




Tonight we celebratred Mark's birthday. Yesterday was his actual birthday, but one would never know. I think I wished him a "Happy Birthday" once. We ate popcorn and watched BYU TV. He was excited when Maria called him in the morning, but she only asked what time it was (because of daylight savings), then immediately hung up when she realized she was an hour late for church. But, we made up for it tonight. A lot of the family was able to come over for a simple dinner and birthday celebration. 3 year old Jenna was here most of the day and was so excited for grandpa's party so we could all wear party hats. I hadn't bought any, so what was a grandma to do? I immediately went out and bought some.



Jenna was my helper in baking and decorating the cupcakes.



Singing "Happy Birthday" to grandpa.


It can be pretty hectic with so many of the kids and grandkids here at once, and we are always tired when it is over, but these are great memories! We missed Jamie, Ryan and Emily who stayed home because Ryan was sick. And we always miss Jason, Jenn, Jaylee and Jenni who live so far away in Pennsylvania!



7 comments:

Our Beautiful Life said...

That was fun last night, thanks for having us over to celebrate. As usual we forgot Grandpa's birthday cards on the kitchen counter.

What a lovely picture of me... blech.

Our Beautiful Life said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Our Beautiful Life said...

Sorry the deleted comment was me. I double posted. D'oh!

Rebecca said...

Happy Birthday Grandpa!
That was so much fun!
(I think I look like I'm having a little too much fun in the picture though! ;)

The J's said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDPA!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!!!

The Dillon 6 said...

what a fun time! Our kids love a good birthday party. :)

The Mendenhall's said...

That was a fun birthday party. Blake especially had a blast. You are really making me look bad with all your posts. Stop it.