Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Happy Birthday to a Beautiful Lady!

Mildred Hannah Hillam Stringham turned 93 on July 13th!


She has been such an influence on our family! Our children had just as much fun visiting her, grandpa and the farm as they did at Disneyland! She's just the kind of grandma every child should have. And I have a long ways to go to be as good, patient, and loving of a mother-in-law as she. She has yet to meet three of her great grandchildren, Jennibelle, Catie and Emily! She has met Brian's wife, Mary, but SADLY I have no photos of the occasion!

I remember her as the hardest working woman I know! She was always cooking, cleaning the house, canning from her garden, working on the farm or doing church work! I always appreciate the story about her when she and grandpa were wanting to buy their farm. She would only eat 1 meal a day to help save money! She always told the men folk that she would eat later! They were able to pay cash for their farm! Now that is a lesson in staying out of debt! Now we know where Mark was so well trained in matters of money!

3 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

those pictures are great! I know Becca sure loves her grandma ~ and she has told me how much she loves visiting her and the farm! Happy Birthday, Grandma!! :)

Jaime said...

I love those pictures. Actually seeing old photos are one of my favorite things, even if I didn't know the person. Thank you for sharing them. And Happy Birthday mildred!

Rebecca said...

i LOVE all the pictures... they make me teary eyed.
i just love grandma so much and i don't think you can describe in words how wonderful a woman she really is. i hope to one day be half as generous, modest, loving, and kind as she is!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA!