Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

This is me on my first birthday!

I had a G-R-E-A-T birthday thanks to Mark and my children and my mom and dad. Thanks to Becca for inviting Mark and I over for dinner and inviting everyone over for birthday pie (Chocolate). It was very nice. And Rebecca, also, makes the best cheese, ham and potatoe soup!

I got cards, a gift certificate, bubble lights (for Christmas) and my very own laptop. I feel so blessed!

When I was visiting Jason and Jenn in Pennsylvania, Jenn and I did some shopping around and I saw these bubble lights that I have always wanted. They remind me of my childhood. They were popular back in that day. I never could bring myself to buy them, because I already had so many other lights. But, Jenn -- in her very observant and thoughtful way noticed that I really liked them and sent me some for my birthday! Thanks so very much! And I got to talk to them all on the phone -- I love Jaylee and Jenni's cute conversations! Those little calls usually keeps me cheerful for quite awhile!

Oh, I am so excited!!! Over the past year I have mentioned how nice it would be to have my very own laptop. I am so looking forward to sitting downstairs on my nice comfy couch and doing family history stuff on the new family search website! Mark said he did a lot of research (so like him) and found one on sale, but when he went to get it, I guess it was such a good deal that they were already out. They told him to come back on Sunday they would have more on sale. When he went back early on Monday, they were already sold out, again!! So he went to Circuit City and found this one which was nearly as good a deal after a rebate. He has been so busy at work that I was surprised he found the time to hunt down the perfect computer for me. He then was up until 1:00 AM getting it set up for me. I'm someone illiterate in these things! I'm still getting used to it!


My mom and dad called me on my birthday and sang happy birthday to me. Well, mom sang. She kept trying to get dad to sing -- but I think she forgets that he can't get phrases out very easily (because of his decreased lung capacity), much less sustain a melody. But, in my minds eye, I could see him trying. I'm pretty sure his mouth was open. It made me smile!



On Saturday I got to attend one of Jenna's soccer games which is such a treat for me. Here she is (in the blue/purple uniform) actually taking the ball away from the other team! The first few games she (and most of the other players) wasn't quite sure where her team's goal post was, but she sure learned fast. She has short little legs, but she works her hardest at keeping up with all the others.

It was a super weekend!! And I still get to go sometime this week and use my gift card!

11 comments:

Our Beautiful Life said...

Awww, it sounds like you had such a great birthday. What a cute baby picture!

We wanted to come for dessert, and were sorry we didn't make it, but since we aren't sure yet if Jenna has fifth disease we thought it would be best to not expose everyone who may not have been.

Happy birthday!

Rebecca Kidd said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY again!
I love that baby picture of you!... you look like such a Lee.

LOVE the new labtop. I need one so that I can watch all my fav tv shows and surf the net at the same time! ;) I like to multi-task!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Jenny. Sounds like you had an enjoyable birthday. What a sweet picture of Grandma and Grandpa. I can picture him trying to sing Happy Birthday. And love the picture of you as a child, so sweet.

Ammo and Josh said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!! Sounds like you had a special day! You are very loved. xo

The Dillon 6 said...

You've had a birthday, shout HOORAY! I want to sing to YOU today. One year older and wiser, too! Happy birthday ~ to YOU!


I feel so bad for inviting you over to investigate such an ugly rash on your special day! :( I hope that was the only blemish on an otherwise fabulous day.

We got a laptop recently and I LOVE it!!!

And, as always, I love the music selections!!

The Mendenhall's said...

THat is an adorable picture of you. Glad you had a nice birthday. Looks like you got spoiled. I liked the story of Grandma and Grandpa. Cute.

Jaime said...

Happy Birthday Aunt Jenny! Sorry it's a couple days late. Sounds like you have had some fun festivities to celebrate. Love the laptop, you make me want my own. We Love You!

The Ward Family Tree and All of It's Branches! said...

Happy birthday belated!! That's just like me to be a little behind on looking at everyone's blogs. Wasn't your birhtday on the 5th? Sorry that I didn't get right on that. But at least your got a phone call from mom and dad. I think that they think that I am still 49. Ha!!! Last year I talked to them a few days before my birthday and said something about turning 49 and they called me the next day thinking that it was my birthday. I didn't have the heart to tell them it wasn't for a couple of days.
I am excited for you and that new laptop. I Love mine. YOu know...the one that i am typing on right now while watching ``the Office`. Anyway, Happy Birthday again. Love you so much.

The Dillon 6 said...

I meant to tell you -- THOSE are my favorite kind of Christmas lights! We also had a set when I was little and I loved watching them bubble away. :)

kelly said...

happy birthday jenny!
and i want that soup recipe of becca's...

Rebecca said...

you lookd cute when you were a baby.

Ethan