Monday, October 6, 2008

The Economy -- Yikes!

I don't know about you, but I have had a few sleepness nights because of the economy. We are old enough to have been able to put away a food supply, pay off our house and other debts and Mark probably won't lose his job! However our retirement is surely being affected! And this isn't a good time in our life for that!

THE NEW DOLLAR BILL
A friend sent this to me!



I got this from Becca.

I think they say it all!



Editor's Note:
(To Comments)
Oh yes, General Conference was so good and so hopeful! I guess I was just lamenting that our retirement years may not be as comfortable as we had saved and planned for -- but you are all correct -- why worry -- since we are promised we will have whatever we really need to do our part.

6 comments:

Our Beautiful Life said...

Well, I'm so tired every night that there is not much that could cause me to lose sleep, however it has made me think twice before buying something that was not a necessity!

The Mendenhall's said...

Well mom, you and dad are a heck of a lot better off then Eric and I if the economy goes Belly up. Our house is not paid off, we definatley could use more food storage. Erics job is pretty secure, unless I guess things got really bad. I guess one good thing is that we won't be collecting retirement any time soon, so we have a while to worry about that. I can't help but wonder how bad things will get though.

kelly said...

yep, very frustrating.
i loved all the hopeful messages in conference this weekend!
what a perfect theme during these crazy times.

Ammo and Josh said...

I second that Kelly. What a wonderful conference full of such wonderful messages.

Rebecca said...

i was expecting to fill more anxiety after listening to conference, but instead i too felt hopeful. we're very blessed to have the gospel!

Unknown said...

It is a scary time right now. Loved the comic strips. We just barely started paying on our home, so hopefully Trevor's job at BYU stays secure. I am sure glad we sold our stock a year ago to pay off some unnecessary debt! Conference was full of wonderful messages of hope. Do you mind if I post these comics to my blog?