Sunday, December 14, 2008

Brrrrrr!


Our home!



This road in front of our house is now pure white ice! The tire tracks are black ice!


Like everyone else in the northwest, we got snow. It was just enough to cover the roads and lawns. It was beautiful watching it fall from the sky, especially around our street lights. I like looking out my window and seeing the neighborhood all white and bright. I was sure that Sunday morning we would have church canceled because it is so cold and nothing could possibly melt! But, since we have the 1:00 pm schedule everyone figured it would be safe by then. Mark went to church first for clerk stuff and called me telling me the main roads were OK but, not the roads in our neighborhood or the neighborhood where our church is located. Our choir was singing in church and wanted a practice before. I have never been thrilled about driving in snowy, icy weather. I don't like turning my steering wheel to the right and having my car go straight ahead while my back wheels are spinning around. So I left in plenty of time -- knowing it would be a slow drive. I slipped around a little. I think I only breathed once. Our neighborhood roads were so icy and I could barely get any traction. But, I got there safely and back home safely! Now I am a little nervous because I absolutely need to do some errands tomorrow and it is not going to be any better!

6 comments:

jjstringham said...

Sounds scary! I hate driving in this weather. I'm surprised they decided to have church - they cancelled ours even at 1:00. Hopefully it ends up getting better throughout the day today, otherwise I'm scared it will last all week long!

The Mendenhall's said...

It is freezing outside, and your roads are horrible!!! I have some errands to run as well and am kind of nervous!! But it is either that or no Christmas!! That would be sad.

The Dillon 6 said...

I can imagine that your road would be treacherous!! Glad you made it home safely!!

(Don't you just love the way our houses look with Christmas lights AND snow????)

Rebecca said...

it is SO pretty! it makes it feel like christmas. yes... nothing makes one more tense than driving on a sheet of ice. i need to do my last minute shopping too, and i'm afraid school may end up be cancelled most of the week. yikes!

Ammo and Josh said...

I am not much of a winter person but I do have to admit that Seattle just sparkles when it snows. I love how the whole town just shuts down and forces everyone to just slow down.

The J's said...

Your house looks so festive... MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!