Monday, March 23, 2009

Fun with Grandkids!

Saturday Mark and I watched Ryan, Emily, Jenna and Catie while Brian, Mary, James and Jamie went on a double date. It was fun, but we sometimes wonder how we raised 5 kids.

Jenna and Ryan are just learning how to play checkers.


First on the agenda was a trip to McDonald's playland to feed them and wear them out a little!



But since they still had lots of energy we took them to Garrison Creek Park. Here Emily was too frightened to cross the swinging bridge on her own. Catie offered her a hand!


Voila! And that's what friends are for!


Ryan giving Jenna some advice on how to hit a birdie over the net! Jenna never quite got the hang of it!

Follow the leader!


I wanted to get a group picture mainly so we could gather them all together just before getting them in the car! It was a bigger job than I thought so I bribed them with jelly beans!


But, as soon as the photo was over they scattered and Mark took off after them. He grabbed Jenna and Emily first since they were the leaders of this little escapade!

When we got home we had 4 very tired little tykes and two exhausted grandparents, but most important some fun memories!

11 comments:

jjstringham said...

Such cute pics! Thanks again for watching the kids for us. For some reason Emily running off doesn't surprise me in the least. :-P

The Mendenhall's said...

Looks like so much fun. You guys are such fun grandparents.

Our Beautiful Life said...

Cute pictures! I love the ones of Catie helping Emily across the bridge, and the "follow the leader" shot. The one of Jenna and Ryan on the tennis court makes me think they were co-conspiritors in some sort of take over plan!

As for you raising 5 kids - They were not all 4 and 2 at the same time!

Thanks again for watching them, we had a fun time, even though we did not win. :-(

Rebecca said...

wow! what cute pictures. isn't dad the sweetest grandpa ever?! so sweet.

BonnieKaye said...

What great grandparents you are. Grandma's and grandpa's are some of life's sweetest treasures.

The J's said...

FUN!!!!!!

Unknown said...

You are such a cool grandma for carrying jelly beans with you! I keep telling my mom its time for her to have a candy stash in her house for the grand-babies!

The Dillon 6 said...

great grandparents! cute grandkids! It's kind of like herding cats, isn't it? :)

Jaime said...

Oh how fun. These are great pictures. I love the group shot with them at all different levels on the play toy. Sounds like a fun evening. You guys are great at being grandparents. My mom always says "if I knew being a grandma was going to be so much fun, I'd have had grandkids first."

Jaime said...

p.s. glad you enjoyed my recent blog post tonight. Come back for a laugh at any time. :)

Ammo and Josh said...

I love that you are so involved with your grandchildren. You are always doing such fun things together. Your grandkids are soooo cute!