Saturday, November 16, 2013

SEATTLE TEMPLE



Last night Mark and I were released as Seattle Temple Ordinance Workers.  We had worked there for 11 1/2 years.  It was very sad for me.  I kept it together until the Assistant to the Matron, Marlies Sainsbury, called me into her office to formally release!  Then I got a little teary-eyed!   She was my mentor and trained me!!  I remember her as the sweetest, most dignified and helpful person ever.  I wanted to emulate her.  I changed shifts and later when I was the Shift Coordinator, she switched over to our Friday night shift as an OW.  It was fun and she boosted my confidence even more!!  After my interview with her I was off and on emotional the rest of the night.  

It has been a great privilege to spend time in this Holy House on a regular basis.  No place on earth is as peaceful, or uplifting!  I learned so much by being there.  Whenever I was going through hard times, I felt I got a clearer perspective of which direction I should choose, what I should do and how I needed to change me to become the best person I could be.  Obviously, I haven't reached perfection, yet, but I love the feeling I get when I know I am trying and I feel the approval of our Savior....especially in this place!

What great people we meet there....other OW were such great and supportive people.  Each of them had their own struggles, and were being strengthened by being there!  The patrons were delightful and often seeing them all dressed in white walking through the halls, brought me to tears!!  There were many small miracles that happened there that are almost too sacred to share!! 

I am so grateful I had the opportunity to serve there for so many years.  I am a different person because of the experiences there!! 

Now we are headed in a different direction!!  To serve as senior missionaries in the Iowa Des Moines Mission!  We will be able to occasionally attend the Winters Quarters Temple in Nebraska and the Nauvoo, Illinois Temple!  So excited for this next chapter in life.

The only sad part is leaving my family.....and just before Christmas!!  I will also miss the birth of a new granddaughter....James and Jamie's!!  I will miss games, baptisms, baby blessings, table games, dinners at our home, holiday get-togethers, all the backyard activities, babysitting and so, so much more!!  What makes this bearable is that we are promised that we will see many blessings in the lives of our children and grandchildren!   That we can always use!!!!  So to my children and grandchildren....I hope you will be aware of the little blessings in life that you will receive because your parents/grandparents are serving a mission for our Heavenly Father and His, Son, Jesus Christ and there are ALWAYS blessings attached when you serve!!



No comments: