Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Ray of Sunshine

Thanks goodness for busy, mostly happy, and talkative little 3 year olds! Jenna really enjoyed her art projects, using real scissors and gel glue. I tried to talk her into tearing the colored papers to make her art, but she was determined to cut with the scissors. She actually made 3 more art projects later with Tommy and gave some away.

We also met Maria, Tommy and Blake for lunch at McDonald's. (To give grandma a rest!) Then they came back to our place for more art, trampoline, and camper activities. Tommy went with me to Jenna's to see her new swing set and played on the finished part. Brian was taking advantage of the break in the rain today and was busy putting more of it together. It is going to be very nice.

I got to spend some time with Catie who was being very friendly and playful with grandma! We got good news about Catie's hip -- it is starting to grow, develop and seems to be progressing very well on it's own -- so there is no need for surgery at this time! I got a cool ball-sprinkler from Mary. So now I am very tired, but content! So there, rainy, cold and cloudy weather! You can't get me down for long!!!

P.S. And to top it all off, Maria told me about the funniest thing that happened to her going to church, Sunday! I hope she will post about it. I'm still chuckling!!

3 comments:

The Dillon 6 said...

seriously -- when are you adopting our kids as if they were your own flesh and blood. ;) Very blessed kids to have such a FUN and LOVING grandma!!

Don't leave us hanging Maria!!!

Rebecca said...

i want to hear maria's story!
glad you had a fun day, but i'm still depressed about the weather!
RAIN RAIN GO AWAY!

Unknown said...

And I miss the rain. I want to hear Maria's story too.