Monday, August 4, 2008

A Sunday Afternoon!



Here's Jenna just before church! Earlier she was asking me about Audrey's church and something about the "water pool". I realized that she meant the time we all went to Ethan's baptism. I said, "Oh you mean the church where Ethan was baptized in the water?" That's what she meant, because a little later she said, "Grandma, when does Jenna be 'watersized'"? Wouldn't you love to be in the mind of a 3 year old. I think church to her means a long boring meeting, followed by fun primary class, a building where sometimes you have to be quiet and other times you can run and play in the recreation hall, and on special days you get to be dunked in a good-sized pool of water in front of a crowd of people!




Jenna always likes to help me get Sunday dinner ready for grandpa who stays later at church! Later we had James, Jamie, Ryan and Emily come visit and play. and after that Brian, Mary, Catie came over. It was just a nice relaxed evening. Sorry, no pictures. I forget the camera when everyone is here!




Here are the little birdies, with a lot more feathers and down. They weren't very awake when I looked at them. In fact, I had to shake the planter a little to get them to wake up, then of course, they woke up with their beaks open. I'm not sure, but I think there may be only 3 birdies out of the four eggs. It's hard to tell since they are all snuggled together.

I'm curious what they will look like 10 days from now when we return from vacation!

6 comments:

The J's said...

Where are y'all going on vacation?!? We'd like to get out to Idaho, Jason is lookin ginot prices and schedules!

Rebecca said...

sounds like a perfect sunday evening!... i can't wait to see what the birdies look like when you get back too!

Unknown said...

Jenna is adorable! The things she says or so precious. What cute little birds you have too.

The Dillon 6 said...

sometimes I feel the same way about church. :)

Jaime said...

That is just so funny, and just like a little kid. Jenna is beautiful in her dress & so lucky to get to attend church with you.

The birds are looking more like birds now. can't wait to see more pics when you return.

Rebecca said...

the baby birds were cute!
Ethan